Due to Saturday's running of the $1.5 million Pepsi North America Cup at Mohawk Racetrack, the track's 13-dash docket of baby races was conducted this morning at the Campbellville, Ont. oval.
Race 1 - Max Money (Amigo Hall--Cost Certainty) - 2:02.4
• Left from Post 4 with trainer/driver Blair Burgess at the helm.
• The colt made every pole a winning one -- cut the fractions in :33, 1:02.4, 1:32.4 -- and came home with a 30-second final quarter.
• First foal out of a lightly-raced Yankee Glide mare.
Race 2 - Lauren (Modern Art--One Cadet) - 2:00.1
• Left from Post 7 with driver Randy Waples for trainer Bob McIntosh; the filly raced wide for the lead past the opening quarter (:31.4).
• Cleared in second quarter, cut middle fractions in 1:01.2 and 1:31.4.
• Was engaged in the lane, fought off pocket-puller for neck victory in 2:00.1.
• Out of the same mare that produced Unn (1:53.2f, $146,895), Gro (1:50.3m, $453,585) and Gar (1:50.3m, $260,664).
Race 3 - Marys Out Cruisin (Here Comes Herbie--Mary Lou Hall) - 2:03.2
• The filly left from Post 5 with driver Steve Condren for trainer Torgeir Hagmann
• Parked third to the opening quarter (:31.3) before clearing the second quarter.
• Cut middle fractions in 1:02.2 and 1:33
• Opened up lengths late; won by almost six lengths off a :30.2 kicker.
• Out of the same mare (by Mr Lavec) that produced Crazed (1:52.2m, $1,072,659) and Gift Card (1:55.2m, $254,653).
Race 4 - Prodigal Seelster (Camluck--Platinum Seelster) - 2:01.4
• Driver Randy Waples left from Post 5 with the David Menary-trained colt and went gate to wire.
• Fractions were cut in :32.3, 1:02.2 and 1:33, and the colt came home in :28.4 to win by three lengths.
• Was a $60,000 yearling purchase at the Forest City Yearling Sale.
• Is the first foal out of a Western Hanover mare.
Race 5 - Plato (Andover Image--Pom Derable) - 2:02.4
• Driven by Mike Saftic for trainer Greg Johnson, the gelding came from off the tempo to win by three quarters of a length.
• The youngster left from Post 3, was second-over in sixth at the three quarters and got up at the wire.
• Is the sixth foal out of a Garland Lobell mare that produced E L Miss Pom (1:56.4f, $119,165).
Race 6 - Neptune Blue Chip (American Ideal--Ms Pro Steinham) - 1:58.2
• After leaving from Post 6 with driver Jack Moiseyev, the John Kopas-trained colt went wire to wire.
• The fractions were cut in :30.1, :59.3 and 1:30; the colt came a final quarter in :28.3 and won by a length and a half.
• He was a $60,000 yearling buy in Harrisburg.
• Is the third foal out of a Pro Bono Best mare.
Race 7 - Rarely Ordinary (Conway Hall--Mostly Super) - 2:01.3
• With trainer/driver Torgeir Hagmann in the bike, the colt parlayed a pocket ride into a three-length win off a :30.2 final quarter-mile.
• The colt was a $75,000 Yearling but from the Lexington sale.
• His dam, by Supergill, won seven races, was on the board in 18 of 23 starts, banked $234,256 and trotted in 1:56 at the Meadowlands.
• He is the fourth foal out of his dam.
Race 8 - Shipps Xanadu (Mach Three--Keystone Dawn) - 1:59.2
• With Randy Waples driving for trainer John Kopas, the filly left from Post 7 and won resoundingly in 1:59.2.
• In going wire to wire, the filly sliced the fractions in :31.1, 1:01 and 1:29.2 before pacing home in 30 seconds for an eight and a half-length victory.
• The filly is out of Keystone Dawn, who won five of nine starts for Kopas, banked over $175,000 and paced in 1:53.4 over Mohawk.
• The filly was obtained for $21,000 at the Harrisburg sale.
Race 9 - Scenic Art (Real Artist--Boundless Sahbra) - 2:00.3
• Dan Lagace trainee started with driver Paul MacDonell from Post 4; converted pocket trip into half-length win.
• Fractions were cut in :31.4, 1:01.4 and1:32.1; the colt kicked home in 28 seconds to grab the victory.
• The $24,000 yearling out of the Lexington sale is the third foal out of his dam.
Race 10 - Asklake (Angus Hall--Candidcamerakosmos) - 2:02.3
• Paul MacDonell left from Post 6 with the John Bax trainee, who proceeded to go gate to wire for a six-length victory.
• The fractions were cut in :32.2, :1:03.3 and 1:33.4; the filly came home with a :28.4 closing panel.
• The $52,000 Harrisburg yearling is the third foal out the dam, who is by SJs Photo.
Race 11 - J